Sunday, 11 September 2011

HONG KONG: What to wear & bring on a junk trip!

I had the privilege of being invited on a junk trip party a week ago and I have to say it was one of the best days of my life. Great company, good food, wine, swimming, sun, beaches, gorgeous views, funny moments, peaceful moments... the day had it all.

Of course in the days leading up to the trip, my mind revolved mostly around crucial matters like "What do I wear?" and "What do I bring?". After consulting my giggling friend, here's a combination of her very thorough list which I followed (it's perfect) and a few flourishes of my own:

You wear:

  • Your swim things (in my case, a bikini) under
  • Beach wear - in my case, a pair of light cotton shorts, a tube top and a loose white cotton shirt I could use as a cover up. 
  • Flip Flops

I absolutely loved the print on my shorts - strawberries! And yet subtle enough to go with almost anything. 
Read on for a list of things to bring and more pics of the trip:
To bring:
  1. SUNSCREEN (waterproof and powdered in my case - so I could wash the breakout causing waterproof sunscreen off ASAP and replace it with powdered)
  2. Towel
  3. Comb (forgot this one)
  4. Water (lots and lots)
  5. Change of clothing
  6. Extra bikini in case of malfunction
  7. Makeup (this is all vain little me, in my case it was concealer, powder foundation and tinted lipbalm)
  8. Goggles (only if the water's clear - it wasn't where we were so pretty pointless)
  9. Extra hair ties (for long-haired mermaids)
  10. Shower gel (if your skin gets itchy from seawater)
Now more pics:


First from our party into the water. Doesn't he look happy?
So happy, everyone joins in soon after

Clearwater Bay
This hawk dived for fish right in front of our boat

The return journey
A junk made to look like a traditional junk to keep tourists happy. We were on a regular yacht-type boat.

Note the colour change?

2 comments:

rinnah said...

Looks like such a fun trip! And babe, you're hotter than ever! *mwahs*

beetrice said...

love the first pic! :D you're sizzling girl...now come back and visit us more often! :p