Friday, 9 October 2009

In the mood for romance

I have always been fascinated by fairies, fairytales, and the notion that True Love Conquers All.

What has prevailed through the years too is a love of books and for reading, and gifts--but in the case of the latter, don't we all love gifts?

This gorgeous fairy dress fell into my possession thanks to my lovely friend in Melbourne, whose name funnily enough really does mean "Princess". Her grandma bought this dress for her, but after wearing it only for a few hours, she decided that the dress just wasn't "her". With love, she passed it on to me--sadly I've not found the occasion to wear it just yet!

Somehow, I reckon this dress can--and should--only be worn while one is barefoot. Any other type of shoe or sandal doesn't seem to fit right with this dreamy affair.

These lovely antique-looking danglies were purchased with Kahani (who wore them here) at one of our fave stores--Diva!

In case you were wondering, this is the lovely book I am reading (have read). Filled with lovely sweet everythings written by smitten men.

And of course, there is a gem in this book, read out by Carrie Bradshaw to Mr Big, Beethoven's letter to his "Immortal Beloved"--ever thine, ever mine, ever ours.

Dress: A gift from a Princess
Earrings: RM23, Diva (after discount)
Book: "Love Letters of Great Men", edited by Ursula Doyle, RM35.90, MPH

9 comments:

plue said...

the material is very dreamy like~

and ur right, a dress like this deserves nothing better than a pretty feet, no shoes no heels no flipflops :P

maybe wear them if ur in UK, where the meadows are green? LOL.

enid blyton spoils me a bit :P

Eli said...

We just need to stick a pair of wings on you for Halloween...

Love the earrings.

Maybe you girls should do a shoot in FRIM or a hutan somewhere. Load up on the bug spray though.

Kahani said...

Ooh sho pretty! It is a fairy dress isn't it? And I love the first shot, the pose, the lighting everything was perfect.

Syen said...

Oh my. I'm in love with the first photo. It's just beautiful! =)

And you know what? I thought of exactly the same thing! This fairy needs bare feet. Lovely.

Meldee said...

Thank you ladies :)

Indeed, 'tis my fairy dress! <3

liz said...

love love the first shot too :))

if you need to wear em out.. try a nude ballerina flats :)

Tine said...

I read in a mag that the book featured on the SATC movie, Love Letters of Great Men, didn't actually exist. They only came up with the book after the movie :P

Tine said...

I read in a mag that the book featured on the SATC movie, Love Letters of Great Men, didn't actually exist. They only came up with the book after the movie :P

Meldee said...

Tine: Yeah, or something like that! It's still a cute read, and great for when you're feeling mushy :)